Study abroad in one of Europe's most beautiful and historically important capital cities -- Lisbon, Portugal! CNN recently reported that Lisbon might be "Europe's coolest city" and, in 2012, Lisbon was named European City of the Year. In 2014, the nearby city of Porto, was named the European Destination of the Year.
Lisbon has it all! As the capital of Portugal, Lisbon is packed with unparalleled, unique cultural and historic sites. It has a vibrant arts and music scene, great food, exceptional nightlife, award-winning beaches and, best of all, it is ranked as one of the most affordable and safest of European cities.
Lisbon has many personalities -- though steeped in Old-World tradition, the city is also known for cutting edge fashion and design. Once the hub of a bygone global empire that stretched across four continents, Lisbon has a flavor all its own, influenced by former colonies in Africa, Brazil, India, China, the Persian Gulf and the Indonesian spice islands.
To share this rich experience, come study abroad with UMass in Lisbon, the university-based program designed for students who want something exceptional. UMass faculty are on site in Lisbon to ensure that you get the most out of your study abroad experience.
- All coursework in English. (Of course, if you choose, there are courses offered in Portuguese.)
- Led by UMass faculty, so credit transfer is easy and the schedule fits with the US academic calendar.
- Flexible options: year-long, semester-long, and summer programs.
- Program cost includes: up to 18 credit hours, housing, field trips, transportation card, and much more.
- Scholarships are available, but hurry—the scholarship application deadline for Fall 2014 or Academic Year 2014-2015 is April 10, 2014.