Portuguese Literary & Cultural Studies (PLCS) is an interdisciplinary, peer-reviewed online journal that publishes original research related to the literatures and cultures of the diverse communities of the Portuguese-speaking world from a broad range of academic, critical and theoretical approaches.
Guidelines for Authors
Portuguese Literary & Cultural Studies welcomes submission of original and unpublished manuscripts in English or Portuguese appropriate to the goals of the journal. Manuscripts which do not follow the guidelines below will not be considered for publication.
1. Manuscripts must be between 6,000-8,500 words (including notes and bibliography) and be written in English or Portuguese. We prefer that authors submit manuscripts in the language in which they feel most proficient.
2. Submission of a manuscript will be considered a guarantee that the manuscript has not been previously published, or accepted for publication, and that it is not under consideration at another journal.
3. After initial evaluation by the editors, submitted manuscripts may be subject to double blind peer review by two experts in the appropriate field. Authors may recommend one of these experts. Authors will receive the decision of the editors in writing, including guidance on revisions.
4. Literature and humanities manuscripts should follow standard MLA Handbook guidelines. History and social science manuscripts should follow standard Chicago Manual of Style guidelines.
5. The author is responsible for the accuracy of all quotations and references and for securing written permission for the use of any material copyrighted by others.
6. Manuscripts must be in Times New Roman font, number 12, with standard margins and must be doubled-spaced throughout. Manuscripts should not include headers or footers.
7. Manuscripts must include an abstract of 100-150 words, in both English and Portuguese.
8. Manuscripts must be submitted as a single Word file.Manuscripts should be submitted as an email attachment to Managing Editor Mário Pereira at firstname.lastname@example.org